Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

OT: Android apps for learning Chinese

Nicki   March 4th, 2011 7:58p.m.

Ok I saw the topic about iphone apps and I had to wonder about Android :)

What apps do you like for Chinese?
I currently use:

Hanzi Recognizer
(for entering unknown characters into my phone)

Hanping CE Dictionary

And on a side note, I just rooted my phone and installed Cyanogen Mod. Now, anybody know how I can get flash working so I can haz Skritter 吗?

stimut   March 5th, 2011 1:45a.m.

For having flash, it depends what phone you have. A G1 or G2 (e.g. HTC Magic) or similar powered devices don't support flash even though the version of Cyanogen Mod is high enough. You need a more powerful device. If you have such a device, then I think you can just search on the Market??? (Can't remember now). Certainly the forums on the Cyanogen Mod website have more details.

Nicki   March 5th, 2011 2:59a.m.

Thanks. I have the HTC Wildfire. It's interesting, because before I rooted it I was able to do some limited Skritter, definitions and tones mostly, and pinyin sort of, I just couldn't draw characters. Now when I try to load the practice page, it just says I need flash and points me to a download of Adobe Flash. I've tried downloading Adobe Flash from the Market, but it won't install on my phone. I will be doing more research into the problem, I just figured I'd throw it out here and see if anybody had some ideas for me :)

followtheflow   March 6th, 2011 3:57a.m.

I can recommend exporting vocab lists and study them through Ankidroid on your phone. Helped me a great deal with reading and definitions.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!