Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

cantonese/jyutping pronunciations?

matthewklee   March 3rd, 2011 4:18p.m.

Is there a feature that can show cantonese/jyutping pronunciations in the definitions? I am learning mandarin with a cantonese background and this would be really helpful to know what the characters are in cantonese. I'm currently looking them up on mdbg but it's considerably slower to have to cross-reference! Would be potentially a popular feature if you could add it...

Bohan   March 3rd, 2011 4:27p.m.

it seems like there are a lot of people out there who are really interested in Cantonese, but there are very few resources online. Cantonese-teaching sites is basically wide open market

nick   March 3rd, 2011 4:57p.m.

We have had some interest in Cantonese readings, but it's a big project and I don't think there's enough interest there. It is on the list, though, for later.

followtheflow   March 4th, 2011 12:33p.m.

I'd definitely like Cantonese support...

jcdoss   March 4th, 2011 2:02p.m.

I would too, but honestly I've got enough to keep me busy already. If my brain hasn't exploded by the time you implement this, I'll appreciate it!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!