Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Grading Buttons Not Working for Readings

dbkluck   February 15th, 2011 8:38p.m.

Not sure if this is the preferred method for bug reports, but I've seen a bunch in these forums, so here goes.

The manual grading buttons do not appear to be working for me for reading practice (writings, tones, and definitions are all fine.) I notice it because for new words, I like to manually set it to unknown even if I type the pinyin correctly the first time so I can get a bit of extra practice early on. When I click the 1 at the bottom of the screen, it appears to take it, but the little checkmark button on the right hand side next to the answer remains green, the pop up still says "you remembered this just fine," and after a few more reviews I click back to check, the grading button has returned to 3.

Clicking the little checkmark button and cycling through to the proper grading (rather than using the 1-2-3-4 buttons) does still work and the grade sticks, so it's not a high impact problem, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else is noticing this.

I'm using Chrome 10.0.648.6 dev on Ubuntu 11.04.

nick   February 15th, 2011 10:17p.m.

I see the problem with this. I'll work on it and try to get it working properly tomorrow. Thanks for the great bug report!

nick   February 16th, 2011 1:09p.m.

Okay, I think I've fixed the problem here. Let me know if you see any further weirdness with this one (or with the grading buttons in general).

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!