Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Selecting the activity

glacchia   October 21st, 2010 5:43a.m.

Hi all!

I noticed some time ago that for each character (word) you may choose to study Writing, Tone(s), Pinyin and/or Definition.

One useful function would be to extend this customization to the study session and not only to the single character.

For example, during some sessions I would like to study only tones or concentrate on writing or pinyin and so on.

Would it be possible to add it?

Thanks,
Gilberto

ITALY

arp   October 21st, 2010 6:38a.m.

When you are in the practice session, simply click the "settings" button (upper right), then you can choose which area or areas you wish to study. I currently prefer to study one area for a time and then switch to another.

Neil   October 21st, 2010 6:41a.m.

yeah if if have a huge queue, i can hit up the tone and definition on any computer (at work etc) using the numeric keypad 1,2,3,4,5,space and that part of the queue goes down quick.

glacchia   October 21st, 2010 7:57a.m.

Thank you Arp & Neil,

I did not notice that it already existed.

jww1066   October 21st, 2010 12:55p.m.

The problem with this is that, if you are only practicing readings, and Skritter adds a new word, it will only add the reading for that word. So if you're constantly switching back and forth, you'll have some items with only writing, some with only definitions, some with only readings, CHAOS!

James

nick   October 22nd, 2010 8:39a.m.

We have some plans to help deal with that, to make the per-session switching more sensible, but we're not pursuing any of them until after this vocab redesign. Not an easy feature to design for!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!