Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

[off-topic] Intensive 2 weeks course in Beijing Mid Oct query

WanLi   September 26th, 2010 3:55p.m.

Hi,
I am visiting Beijing with Family around the 3rd week of Oct. for 2 weeks. does any body know a good intensive immersion course i can make use of while i am there? one suggestion was the DaShan school(also known as Daesan Education). BLCU and other universities do not offer such short programs on short notice

tunghiem2010   October 18th, 2010 5:52a.m.

Create one for yourself based on Chinesepod! Two weeks is most definitely too short and you will gain nothing from drill classes (like most of them are) in such a short period of time.

Pick a topic and study all the lessons you think would be related to that topic. Most preferably are ones that are everyday language.

Make it a commitment to study maybe 3 lessons a day (that is the equivalent of how much we do in immersion programs, in my opinion) while you are there and practice with Chinese friends if you have some!

Do some language exchange with your Chinese friends, they will appreciate it and so will you.

Advice from a student currently in ACC's 3-month immersion language program.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!