Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Remove from study

贺知宝   September 25th, 2010 6:22a.m.

When looking at my custom lists, what happens exactly if I click on a word and then press "Remove from Study?"

I wanted to delete some of the words from a list (words that had not been added yet)and instead of going into the edit menu and pressing delete, I accidentally pressed remove from study. Will this cause problems when I try to add them later?

Thanks,

Paul

Ibid   September 25th, 2010 7:35a.m.

Hey Pharchik,

To my knowledge "Remove from Study" means it will remove the word from your study queue (in other words your macro study list will no longer include that word). The word should still remain in your vocabulary list; if you want to place the word back into your study queue you can just go back to the list and add it from there.

nick   September 25th, 2010 9:25a.m.

Right. If the words hadn't been added yet, then it didn't do anything. Later this will be changed so that you can't "remove from study" words that aren't being studied.

贺知宝   September 25th, 2010 12:13p.m.

So... If I remove a word from study that has been studied, it will be deleted from the list and never appear again unless I add the word again and tell Skritter to pull words from the list to which I re-added the word, correct?

nick   September 25th, 2010 1:31p.m.

Yes. There are other ways to re-add the word, like the queue or the bookmarklet or the scratchpad, but yeah--until you re-add it, it won't come up again.

贺知宝   September 25th, 2010 10:35p.m.

Last question on this topic...

When I re-add it, will skritter remember my progress on that word?

nick   September 26th, 2010 10:06a.m.

Yes. It also stays in your learned progress stats, if you had learned it.

SGRuixue   October 31st, 2010 8:46a.m.

I did this, and when I look at my lists, thier progress is white again. Will my progress come back if I re-add that list? I'm noticing I'm adding a few repeat words that aren't retaining the old progress.

nick   October 31st, 2010 9:08a.m.

The progress is there, just not displayed. If you re-added the word, the progress would come back (although the word would likely be overdue).

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!