Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

how do I use a word file to create a skritter list

west316   August 14th, 2010 2:43p.m.

My friend in China just sent me a pdf of one of the two HSK lists. Currently, there are two HSKs in China. This is the list for the new one. My friend, has reason to believe that the new one is the one that will ultimately become the standard.

Ok, I used a web site to convert the pdf to a word file. There are a few flaws in the conversion, but nothing serious. I will spend an hour or two patching the holes up and it will be good as new. My question for the Skritter community is what is the easiest method of converting this word file into a custom list that I can then Skritter with?

This is the 2010 list I believe and contains the whole 8822 words. I vaguely remember people looking for this list in word format.

Neil   August 14th, 2010 11:35p.m.

Which level are you looking at? I have already uploaded 4 and 5, lower levels are also there, do you need 6?

I use excel, just put them in one column and copy-paste into skritter list editor.

After I did the conversion, I found the 6 lists in editable format online as well. Let me know if you want the URL (sorry it's on another computer).

l4 - 1200
l5 - 2500
l6 - 5000 words

nick   August 15th, 2010 10:11a.m.

Here's what we have so far:

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/tags?tag=new%20hsk

The first one or two have been reordered according to toughness/frequency, but the second two are alphabetical. Ultimately I'd like to have each of the six lists in there with only the new words from each list (so not cumulative lists), each with words ordered by toughness. I don't have time to process and organize them right now though.

west316   August 15th, 2010 10:34a.m.

First of all, thanks for pointing that list out, I had looked for HSK lists on here, but somehow missed yours. I rarely use the custom list search features so even though I spend so much time on Skritter, many features in the list section completely escape my notice. Is this list the 2010 list? It just says new. I presume it is, but just double checking.

I will eventually need the level 6 list, but using the excel trick, thanks for pointing that out btw, I can easily make a custom list from my list if I need it before someone else uploads it.

Neil   August 16th, 2010 10:12a.m.

Nick - I can do this, although this will be in mid September after the HSK exam. How do you sort according to toughness/frequency? would be a handy little tool for me if you can pass it on? It would make the six non-cumalative lists much easier to generate.

nick   August 16th, 2010 3:51p.m.

It's actually kind of tied together with a bunch of other stuff right now, so I couldn't easily send it. Perhaps later I can open-source it. For now, you'd have to send stuff over to me for sorting, unfortunately.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!