Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Words coming up double

Mandarinboy   August 14th, 2010 10:36p.m.

A few minutes ago i added some 10 new words from my list to practice on. They all come up double. I first get the new word to practice on and when that is finished the same words come up again. This repeats for all the new words i added. When i then leave the practice page and get back again the added word count is back to the number it where before I added the new words. This I have not seen before. I have recently nuked my account and started over but that can't really affect this.

sarac   August 14th, 2010 11:37p.m.

After I nuked and then restarted I had just a few words in my list and there were some anomolies in the system. After more characters and words were available things got back to normal.

Mandarinboy   August 15th, 2010 12:28a.m.

Thanks, so then it is not only me. It did go fine for some 200 characters but now it behaves strangely. I will try to add a few hundred more and see what happens. Guess i should avoid nuking my account all the time but i needed a fresh start to demo this for my 1:th graders in Hangzhou. By the way, kids love skritter:-) It is the part of homework that my daughter actually asks for letting me her do more. probably just to sit at the computer that is the fun part. My first graders go to the computers at breaks to "paint" and have a lot of fun. Don't know how long that enthusiasm will last but it is really nice to see them now. It where worth nuking the account just to see them have fun.

nick   August 15th, 2010 10:12a.m.

I've had that bug on file for a while; it doesn't happen often, but I haven't been able to fully fix it. Still have a couple debugging ideas for later. Thanks for the report.

skritterjohan   August 22nd, 2010 11:12a.m.

I also had this adding many words. I think it is not related to starting over, just related to adding many words manually. Usually when I saw this I refreshed the practice page once or twice and the problem would go away.

jww1066   August 23rd, 2010 9:11a.m.

I usually don't add words manually; the other day I did for once and I also saw a word's writing come up twice in a row.

James

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!