Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Minor suggestions

Tove   August 2nd, 2010 6:37a.m.

It would be good if the "add word frequency" could be changed via the practice settings.

As I write I realise that also more generally it is not quite intuitive which settings to change via the account settings and via the practice settings.

My other point was regarding messages in the practice window. After a certain time of skrittering the messages "Type the pinyin" and "Press enter for next" are not really needed anymore. In addition, the "Press enter for next" message sometimes obscures more important text in the window, for example when the pinyin has been incorrectly written, and the correct answer is given below.

Just minor suggestions, as I said.

nick   August 2nd, 2010 10:55a.m.

If the "add word frequency" control worked better, perhaps it would have a better home in the "active lists" menu while practicing. As it is now, though, the adding rates need some tuning. If I can get them working well, I think I'll put them there. Good idea!

Reorganizing the settings is always something good to do, although it's tough. We'll keep looking for ways to improve them.

For those messages overlapping things: I've got them on my list and will be working on them. Thanks!

Tove   August 2nd, 2010 4:31p.m.

Thank you!
I really love how you manage this site.

nick   August 2nd, 2010 6:18p.m.

No problem! The overlapping bug should be fixed now.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!