Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

SRS adding words that aren't on my list

dfoxworthy   June 20th, 2010 11:27a.m.

I am having trouble with SRS adding new words with characters that are not on my list. I am still new to Skritter and only reviewing previously studied material and a lot of what is getting added is over my level. I was sure I was mistaken but I have painstakingly went through all my lists to see where the words may have come from and only become more confused. Also I went to my Viewer to see where the words and characters were added from and they only have a "-" for origin. My only guess is that they are being added from a book I once accidentally put on the list and have since removed.

nick   June 20th, 2010 12:19p.m.

They're coming from your Queue, which currently has 770 things left in it from something:
http://www.skritter.com/vocab/queue

I can wipe out everything in your Queue if you want; just say the word. It won't get rid of stuff that's already been added, though.

It's on Scott's list to revamp the Queue to be more like a vocab list, so it'll show up as a list to be controlled and you can see what's been added from it and such.

dfoxworthy   June 20th, 2010 8:34p.m.

If you can wipe the queue and that won't touch the words I have already learned, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

nick   June 20th, 2010 10:06p.m.

Got 'em!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!