Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Adding words to queue

stelingo   June 18th, 2010 5:44p.m.

I don't like the change you have made to adding words to queue. Before it was possible to copy and paste a list of words in one go, very quick and easy. Now you have to add words one by one. Much slower. Why change something when it isn't broken? Can we go back to how it was, please?

Byzanti   June 18th, 2010 6:04p.m.

That functionality is needed, but I disagree with going back to how it was; namely since at the moment it solves the problem of being unable to define placeholders (see an earlier thread. Would also be nice if that was extended to the browse part).

mcfarljw   June 18th, 2010 7:54p.m.

You can still copy and paste a whole list into the queue. It looks like you can only add one, but try copying and pasting into and it should work.

I copied about 1000 items into it this afternoon using data I exported, because I wanted to start practicing some of my older words with reading practice.

stelingo   June 19th, 2010 10:38a.m.

I have tried, it only accepts the first character in my list.

scott   June 19th, 2010 10:58a.m.

mcfarljw's right, I made it so that you can add multiple words at once by pasting in a big block of them, but it might still be buggy for some browsers. So I can debug it can you let me know:

1. What browser and OS you're using
2. A sample set of words (5 or so should be enough) that you try to put in
3. Whether you use the keyboard or mouse to paste them in there.

If you're using the mouse to paste them in, try pressing an arrow or enter key after they're pasted in, or just pasting in by pressing ctrl-v. That's something I just realized I need to fix; it doesn't work if you paste and submit entirely with the mouse. Will work on fixing that.

stelingo   June 19th, 2010 3:31p.m.

I'm using IE, windows 7. I generally use ctrl-c, then ctrl-v to copy and paste. The words I added today were

放学
全家

中午

scott   June 22nd, 2010 3:40p.m.

Aha, it's Internet Explorer that's causing the problem. Found the bug, fixed it. Will upload soon.

stelingo   June 26th, 2010 5:39p.m.

Just bumping this topic up, still only able to add one word at a time.

scott   July 6th, 2010 4:49p.m.

Hmm, I can't reproduce the problem anymore. Are you using Explorer 8?

Sorry for the really slow response; I somehow missed this topic.

stelingo   July 6th, 2010 6:16p.m.

I'm now able to add lists. I'd presumed you had fixed it. Thanks anyway.

scott   July 6th, 2010 8:41p.m.

Ah good! I guess it just took a little while for the fix to be uploaded.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!