Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Stroke order for 䌽

戴金霸   November 27th, 2012 10:44a.m.

The stroke order for 爫 component seem to be incorrect.
I did send a feedback through the app but since this one skritter actually forces me to use incorrect stroke order, I think it deserves higher priority.

(I sent a few other where skritter give wrong hint on stroke order but still accept correct ones. )

nick   November 27th, 2012 1:20p.m.

We see the problem--that's no good! Thanks for the bug report. Note, though, that it usually doesn't help to post straightforward stroke order corrections to the forum, because Jeremy is the only one who can fix them, and he'll get your correction emails faster than he'll check here.

戴金霸   November 27th, 2012 8:25p.m.

Thanks for responding Nick.
As I said I have reported a few stroke order problems. Most of them went quiet which is not a problem at all. I am sure they ended up in your todo list somewhere.
However I think this particular need a bit more attention and just want to make sure it get noticed.

I was once told that the stroke order on the web and on the iOS should be the same because they referenced back to the same database.
There might be a lag in iOS updating stroke order data but eventually they should be the same. Some of the discrepencies I have found are 3-4 months old and are still there.
Do you why that is? I tried clear local data, delete the app and reload, force sync, etc but nothing seem to get the data updated.

nick   November 28th, 2012 12:58a.m.

Discrepancies that are fixed on the website, but not in the app, after a clear local data? Is it to do with actual stroke order problems, or perhaps the way that alternate stroke orders are displayed?

戴金霸   November 28th, 2012 4:57a.m.

Take the last three strokes for 母 as an example. The web would animate top dot, line, bottom dot but the app would hint that bottom dot come first.

仪 last three strokes:
web stroke animation: piě, nà, diǎn
app hint: nà, piě,diǎn

There are a few others. 女 components varies wildly between different characters.

I am not sure if they have been fixed in the web. I think they might not have been there in the first place. Something else other then the info in the database might be causing this. My wild guess would be the code that interpret the stroke orders in the iOS app.

They are not big problem because the correct stroke orders are still accepted. They can be annoying when the stroke snap into the wrong place though.

nick   November 28th, 2012 2:44p.m.

That's what I'm thinking as well. We'll check it out.

nick   December 13th, 2012 4:55p.m.

I finally nailed this one, thanks to your help and Jeremy's investigations. It'll be fixed in the 2.1.0.

戴金霸   December 13th, 2012 10:03p.m.

Great!! Thanks for the update. :)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!