Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

HSK old Vs HSK new

thedrunkingpig   October 16th, 2011 9:33a.m.

the old list and new lists seem to have different vocabulary.

Anyone know why did the HSK organisation changed the lists?

Antimacassar   October 16th, 2011 9:52a.m.

Make money? :P

But seriously, I've found that some of the vocab in the new lists is perhaps more practical. But also they've basically revamped the whole thing with more levels and a spoken part so I guess they had to really.

InkCube   October 16th, 2011 12:15p.m.

What exactly is this "spoken part"? I've heard that in the new HSK every level is supposed to also include "spoken parts", but I can't find anything about that in the example tests.

Or does "spoken parts" just mean listening comprehension? "Spoken parts" sounds to me like a test about our conversation skills.

I want to takle the (new) HSK4 at the beginning of december and I think I can do it, but speaking is definitely my weakest point so I was quite happy to find that not part of the test.

Neil   October 16th, 2011 6:26p.m.

read the guides and sample exams here http://www.confuciusinstitute.qut.edu.au/study/proficiency.jsp

There is no speaking in the tests. Listening section comes first, then reading comprehension, then written.

I guess the old HSK was too high brow, the basic level was quite high, whereas now with the new one, people who have been learning for only 6 months can give it a shot (and pay up) and get a certificate.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!