Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Words not adding from MDBG list

junglegirl   October 16th, 2011 4:06a.m.

I added several words from the quick add short cut. The bar said they were being added to the MDBG list, which I thought was a bit odd since they normally go to the misc. list, but it doesn't really matter to me where they go so I didn't change it. Only now, even though the words are in the list, they are not being added and the list is marked as finished. This happened yesterday and again today.

Rolands   October 16th, 2011 1:33p.m.

hmm, I have another issue with mdgb adding, but i think it is minor issue, so I do not disturb skritter team
for me SOMETIMES, when new window opens with a message adding XXX to mdgb list in 5 seconds, it get's stacked on 5 seconds. anyway, i can press on change list, and then confirm again, then it get's added.

scott   October 17th, 2011 5:58p.m.

@junglegirl: I wasn't able to reproduce this bug. I tried adding 相当 via the quick add shortcut, and (after forcing it to add, since it'd been added before) it went to the end of the Misc list. Then I went to the quick add page and undid the action.

http://www.skritter.com/vocab/quickadd

Does this match the changes you (and I just recently) made? Are any additions not in the history shown, or was that last change to the MDBG list not supposed to be undone?

@Roland: No problem reporting issues to us, they'll just go into the pile of bugs to fix :) And with that one, we'll soon replace that page with the quick add bar, which will work better than that countdown thingy which is easy to break.

junglegirl   October 18th, 2011 2:44a.m.

I think it was only when the quick add was adding to the MDBG list that it wasn't working properly. The words were going into the list, but the list was still marked as finished. Once I changed it to add to to the miscellaneous list it seemed to work fine.

I'm still not sure why quick add was adding to the MDBG list in the first place. Was it just because the last place I had added from before that was MDBG?

scott   October 19th, 2011 1:27p.m.

That would do it. Right now we have it set up so that with Quick Add, it remembers the last list you quick added to. Does that explain what happened?

junglegirl   October 19th, 2011 2:12p.m.

Well, it explains why it was adding to my MDBG list, but not why that list remained marked as finished after words were added to it. I noticed the same thing happened today when I tried to add something from the MDBG website, so I think my MDBG list is still broken.

scott   October 20th, 2011 10:31p.m.

Hmm, well I fixed the MDBG list so it's adding again like it should. Let me know if it does this again.

junglegirl   October 21st, 2011 2:34a.m.

Ok, thanks!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!