Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter Wacom Plugin messes with settings

Lawnmower16   June 20th, 2011 11:16p.m.

I just got my tablet that I won =D

But there's one problem. I used all of the settings as it says on the Wacom page on this site, but every time I start up Skritter with the plugin on, it messes with the screen to tablet proportion setting.

I have a dual screen setup, and for some reason the default setting is to span the tablet across both screens, creating a hyper-sensitive mess. Because of this, I changed the "Screen Area" setting to just monitor one. However, whenever Skritter starts up, it reverts to the default. I can make it change back simply by opening another app that uses pressure sensitivity, like Photoshop, but then when I go back to the Skritter window, the proportions are right, but the pressure sensitivity stops working. I've partially solved this just by changing the canvas size to 350px instead of 250.

Does anybody know about this problem, how to fix it etc? Or is this maybe a bug on Skritter's end?

EDIT: I just realized it doesn't even have to be a pen-related app. Any window I change to will fix the proportion, but make the Skritter pressure sensing stop when I switch back.

nick   June 22nd, 2011 1:02a.m.

Try unchecking the "Use Wacom plugin" in the settings gear menu on the study page. You lose pressure sensitivity, but perhaps it stops messing with the settings?

Lawnmower16   June 22nd, 2011 5:21p.m.

Yes it did, thanks. It's too bad I can't get pressure sensitivity though. Searching through the forums, it looks like lots of other people have had the same problem when trying to change area on their pad or their screen.

nick   June 22nd, 2011 5:45p.m.

Yeah, the Wacom plugin hasn't seen much support from Wacom, as I understand. It's even less reliable on Mac. Oh, well!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!